1. You graduated from a liberal arts school whose football team hasn't won a game since the Reagan administration.
2. You frequently use the term "post-modern" (or its commonly used variation "PoMo") as an adjective, noun, and verb.
3. You carry a shoulder-strap messenger bag and have at one time or another worn a pair of horn-rimmed or Elvis Costello-style glasses.
4. You have one Republican friend who you always describe as being your "one Republican friend."
5. Your hair looks best unwashed and you position your head on your pillow at night in a way that will really maximize your cowlicks.
6. You own records put out by Matador, DFA, Definitive Jux, Dischord, Warp, Thrill Jockey, Smells Like Records, and Drag City.